Sunday, August 2, 2015

Reading is Fun!

Here we go...

I decided to start this blog, not just because I like to talk about the books I read (which I definitely do!), but also to provide anyone that wants to read this blog with a short review of various books.  I read books across a lot of spectrums - from urban fantasy (Dresden Files) to mystery (Odelia Grey series) to psychic thrillers (Bishop novels) to children's mysteries (Nancy Drew, etc.) to superhero-themed stories (Ex-Heroes, etc) to tv/movie related tie ins (Dr. Who, etc) to horror, theater, comedy, and so much more.  I'll probably also throw some graphic novels and comic series into the mix as well, since I read so many of those as well.

Plus, after so many years of reading (we won't talk about how many years that actually is), this will also be a place of reference for me, so when I want to remember a particular book, I can look back through here and jog my ***ahem*** aging memory.

So prepare yourself for a fun journey, as we take a look at the books I like, the books I don't like, the books I love, the books that brought a tear to my eye, and the books I laughed out loud while reading.  And please, feel free to comment your own thoughts about the books - I'd love to hear what those of you who follow this blog think.  Some of you may agree with my thoughts, some of you may disagree.  Let me know if you've read the book, if you haven't, if you want to, if you don't, whatever.  And don't be afraid to disagree with my assessment of any particular book - that's the great thing about living in a free society - we are all welcome to our own opinions!

So let's get this show on the road...

No comments:

Post a Comment